Motorbike Training from CBT to DAS
Compulsory Basic Training (CBT) is where it all begins.
Before you can begin any formal motorbike training:
You must hold at least a current and valid UK Full or Provisional Driving Licence.
EU Licence holders must produce a Confirmation of Registration Certificate (D91).
Before commencing formal motorbike training, such as Compulsory Basic Training (CBT), Theory Test, or take a Practical Test such as A1 Light Bike test, A2 Medium Bike test or Direct Access (DAS) you must hold at least a current and valid UK Full or Provisional Driving Licence.
An application for a UK Driving Licence form (D1) can be obtained from a main Post Office. To get a full motorbike licence – there are three steps to follow:
- Compulsory Basic Training. (CBT) is training only and not a test.
- Theory Test.
- Practical Test – for:
- Moped Test – a moped must not exceed 50cc, and not capable of travelling faster than 50KPH.
- A1 Light Bike Test is taken on a motorcycle which is 125cc. You must be at least 17 years old.
- A2 Medium Bike Test is taken by riders at least 19 years old on a restricted 500cc bike which must be rated to travel faster than 100KPH. This grade of pass will have a restriction to ride bikes not exceeding 35 kw (46.6 bhp).
- DAS – Direct Access Scheme – Motorcycle Test, Motorbike Test. This test is for anyone over 24 years of age (or 21-23 years of age and held an A2 Licence for a minimum of 2 years) wishing to ride an unrestricted bike.
Anyone over 16 years of age with a current valid UK Provisional Licence can take the CBT course, which is intended to be completed in one day. At the end of the CBT course, provided a satisfactory standard has been reached, a CBT certificate (DL196) will be issued. Get Bikes Northfields branch catchment includes the following areas:
- Hanwell, W7
- Ealing, W5, W7, W13
- Chiswick, W4
- Brentford, TW8
- Isleworth, TW7
- Heston, TW5
- Feltham, TW4
- Greenford, UB6
- Brent, UB1
- Southall, UB2
- Hounslow, TW3
- Osterley, TW5
- Twickenham, TW13
- Richmond, TW2
- Shepherds Bush, W6
- Acton, W3
- Hammersmith, W6, SW6, SW13
- London, W1, W2, W10
- West London
Get Bikes High Wycombe branch catchment includes the following areas:
- High Wycombe, HP12, 4HJ